Carlos A. Espindola-ScarpettaFounder
- Doctor of Jurisprudence
- Master of Laws Ll.M.
Carlos is the founder of the firm Espíndola International Consultants, created in 1979, which has dedicated itself to specialized matters such as International Contracting, Private International Law, International Conflict Resolution, Maritime Law, Transport and Insurance Law, International Trade, Customs Law and Exchange, “Compliance” in Customs and International Exchange.
In his long career, Carlos has advised the main national and international companies, such as Colombina S.A., ADM Colombia and Bolivia, Chicle Adams S.A., Cadbury Adams, Abbott, Sanofi, Pfizer, Johnson & Johnson, among others.
Carlos is a Doctor of Jurisprudence from the Colegio Mayor de Nuestra Señora del Rosario, Bogotá, D.C. and L.L.M., Master of Laws, from Tulane University School of Law, New Orleans, Louisiana. USES.
He is currently a professor of the postgraduate course in Customs Law and International Trade at the Universidad Colegio Mayor de Nuestra Señora del Rosario, Bogotá, D.C. He is an undergraduate and graduate professor at several Colombian and foreign universities. He is an international lecturer in international business and contracting, and in International Trade.
Author of multiple articles in indexed magazines specialized in foreign and international trade, especially in the publications of the Colombian Institute of Tax and Customs Law-ICDTA.
Member of the ICDTA Academic Customs Commission, panelist and speaker at the annual ICDTA conference.
He was Associate Judge of the Valley Administrative Court for more than 15 years.
Senior Member of the Inter-American Bar Association, Washington D.C., since 1992.
LANGUAGES: SPANISH AND ENGLISH. French – Intermediate
Carlos has been awarded nationally and internationally for the performance and contribution of the firm to society with the following recognitions:
- THE LEGAL 500, RANKED TOP TIER 1, LATIN AMERICA, 2023.
- THE LEGAL 500, RANKED TOP TIER 1, COLOMBIA, 2022.
- EDITOR´S CHOICE, INTERNATIONAL TRADE LAW FIRM OF THE YEAR, COLOMBIA 2019, LAWYER INTERNATIONAL LEGAL 100, UNITED KINGDOM.
- INTERNATIONAL TRADE LAW FIRM OF THE YEAR IN COLOMBIA 2018, CORPORATE INTERNATIONAL GLOBAL AWARDS WINNER, UNITED KINGDOM.
- INTERNATIONAL TRADE CONSULTING FIRM OF THE YEAR IN COLOMBIA 2016, CORPORATE INTERNATIONAL GLOBAL AWARDS, UNITED KINGDOM
- OUTSTANDING ATTORNEY OF THE YEAR 2016, BRISTOL WHO IS WHO, USA.
- ELITE INTERNATIONAL TRADE LAWYER 2015 IN COLOMBIA – CORPORATE LIVEWARE LEGAL AWARDS, UNITED KINGDOM.
- INTERNATIONAL TRADE LAW FIRM IN COLOMBIA 2015 – CORPORATE INTERNATIONAL LEGAL AWARDS – 2015 – UNITED KINGDOM.
- INTERNATIONAL TRADE LAW FIRM COLOMBIA 2014 – LEGAL’S FINEST 200 AWARDS, UNITED KINGDOM.
- INTERNATIONAL LAW LAWYER OF THE YEAR – COLOMBIA 2013 – LATIN CORPORATE LEGAL AWARDS. UK.
Before founding the firm, Carlos was Legal Director of Grupo Seguros Fenix, Colombia, (Today Royal Sun and Alliance); Lawyer at Bank of America NT y SA and, at Celanese Colombiana S.A. In addition, he was a partner at Baker & Mckenzie Colombia.
Contact us with your inquiries and services requests
Be one step ahead with our expertise and flexibility in preventive and specialized counseling.
Error: Contact form not found.